2010 Key

2010 KEY December=Christmas Messages, November=Thanksgiving Messages, October=Mormon Messages, September=Mormon Messages for Youth, August=Messages from other sources, July=Church News and Humanitarian Messages, May=General Conference, April=Easter Messages, February=Mormon Doctrine series by the 12 apostles and 1st Presidency

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Following Divine Guidance



One of the great lessons that each of us needs to learn is to ask. Why does the Lord want us to pray to Him and to ask? Because that is how revelation is received.
When I am faced with a very difficult matter, this is how I try to understand what to do. I fast. I pray to find and understand scriptures that will be helpful. That process is cyclical. I start reading a passage of scripture; I ponder what the verse means. I pray for inspiration. I then ponder and pray to know if I have captured all the Lord wants me to do. Often more impressions come with increased understanding of doctrine. I have found that pattern to be a good way to learn from the scriptures. . . .
The more closely you follow divine guidance, the greater will be your happiness here and for eternity—

No comments:

Post a Comment